Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Twittering Reactions

Just before lunch today, I opened an account in Twitter and started twittering,"I am learning to tweeter." Then my eyeballs glanced to the top right side of my twitter webpage. What I saw was "0 following, 0 followers, 0 updates" Oh my, I felt virtually lonely! :-(

Then I started clicking those right hand panels to see what's in store. Turned out to be nothing substantial. So I decided to see how the others are doing their twitters by going back to my UCSI email inbox and retrieving our coursemates' links to their twittering URLs. Clicking on their twittering URLs led me to this "Follow" button. I reckoned that I might as well start following others first if I want people to follow me. So there I go clicking all the other coursemates' "Follow" buttons. My eyeballs glanced again at the top right side of my twitter page. "9 following, 0 followers, 1 update". Ohhh.........my lonely heart! So I decided to post another twit: "Tweet, tweet....can anyone in CENL2008 see me tweet?"

It was already 1 pm, so I decided to go for lunch. One hour plus later, I was back at my laptop and suddenly thought of looking at George Siemen's Week 8 email. Perhaps I can find his twittering URL there. And there it was, so I clicked to follow him. Now I have 10 followings. And to my surprise, there are three others following me already! And they can see me! Yay! (Thanks to Shahrinaz, George Siemens and Penny Wong!)

Tweet! Tweet! How sweet!

No comments: